Wednesday, February 24, 2010

24 Feb 2010

Well this week was a very interesting week, we are facing alot of challenges with our Bishop.... soo.. the work is really interesting. Our ward is stopped.. Because we will have a new branch that will open, and so our ward doesnt want to work at all until this branh opens, because most of the missionaries in the past worked where the branch will be. So the members not really want to help us at all. Well this past week we had a great family at church, a family of 7 people, at the end of the meeting i showed them around and talked with to them with the bishop. The bishop talked to them and liked them alot, the mom of the family said.. can we always come back? haha a family beautiful. but, after the bishop said to me, Elder we really dont need to baptize this family yet, lets wait until the branch opens, and then they can be baptized. HAHA. wow, so I about lost it with the bishop. Nobody in the ward really is doing anything, they are all waiting until the branch opens.. so we are really having some problems.. We are meeting alot of people with our own forces, alot of people, but it is like President Hinckley said the best way is for the members to invite the investa. to go to their houses, well this isnt happening. So we are really looking for ways to build the trust of our bishop and the members. I really want to make a DIFFERNCE in this ward, in this area. I dont want to just be another Elder that past through the ward and baptized some people. I want to leave a mark, so that when the next missionaries come here, the members say hey why arent you baptizing families, thats what Elder Olsen did... I really want to leave the kind of differnce in the area that will leave a last affect. So I am really praying alot to know how to do this better.
We are really seeing alot of miracles, like a said we have a family of 7, we are teaching them, they love the church. The dad smokes alot, so that is one problem. Last night we had a mini family night, and it went really well, they love the BOM and love the gospel. I really hope that I can see them be baptized.
This week we have Rodrigo, he is going to be baptized. I am thankful that the Lord is always blessing me with opportunties to be an example.. it is really fun to help other people. I love doing things I would never do if i was somebody normal and love talking with everybody. Ha, I decided that this whole next year I am going to walk everyday with a BOM in my hands. haha, the missionaries in my zone think I am crazy, but it is really going well, I am able to always talk about this amazing book.
I love this work. It doesnt matter what happens, it will never be stopped. I love being a missionary.
Elder Olsen
Hurrah for Israel!

No comments:

Post a Comment