Thursday, February 18, 2010

10 Feb 2010

This week was awesome. It was really an amazing week. Last wendesday I had surgery on my toenail.. so I had to stay at home all day wendesday, it was really lame. but my toe is already getting better. I am able to walk already and do everything, I am just working with sandles for now.. I will probably work in sandles for the next week or 2.. but it was painless.. but part of my toenail is never going to grow again. blessings from the mission.

This week we saw the miracle of FERRARI. he was baptized! After working ALOT with him, he was baptized.. he felt the spirit so strong he knew that he needed to be baptized. He knows alot of people in the ward, so we had a baptismal service really awesome. It was really awesome to see him be baptized.

I had an interview with my mission president, and I was really needed for a long time.. I was never able to have an interview with him, so it was really good to talk with him one on one, and open up my heart. It is amazing how emotional missionary work is. It can really take alot out of you. My President gave me some good words of advice, and is going to help me be a better missionary.

This week we really need some miracles. Denilda, who has been going to church for almost 2 months still hasnt been baptized!! So we really need alot of prayers so that she can overcome her fears and doubts and be baptized, she is facing alot of opisition from her family, but i know that she will be able to overcome all of it and be baptized this week.

I am loving Brasil, it is an amazing place, the people are open and they are so willing to hear the gospel.. We found an AMAZING family!!! If they are as good as we think, there is going to be ALOT of baptism in the next month. I talked with a lady named Beth on the bus, and still was been taught by the missionaries 6 years ago, but then she moved. Will she has NEVER found another church that she liked. When I talked with her on the bus, she was crying, we set up an appointment with her she said she is going to invite everyone in her family. she has 4 kids that are all married, and 4 grandchildren above the age of 8. I am going there tonight to teach her, I have never been more excited!!! PLEASE pray that tonight I can teach the best 1st lesson ever!!! And they can all be baptized!!
I love this week, I have never been happier, or closer to the Savior, I love him.
HURRAH FOR ISRAEL!!
ELDER OLSEN!!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad he was able to get his toenail fixed. Definate blessing from the mission!!

    ReplyDelete