Friday, March 19, 2010

17 March 2010

wow this week was an amazing week. I read Mikeys email, and it sounds alot like my week. We had alot of miracles happen in our area here. I am really liking it here in Portal Bordon. I know that the Lord has called me to work here in the area. We were able to help Patrick be baptized this week, he was invetagator they had been teaching for ALONG time, so we were able to help him see the blessings of the gospel. I am really excited for this area. Were were able to find alot of new families, but we found one family, that was really special.. it is a family of 6!! We taught them on saturday night right before our baptism and quickly invited them to church. When we went there on sunday, they were all there waiting to go to church!! The whole family went and loved it. Last night we set there baptism date!! It is a really special family!! This week I was also able to go to Anhanguera, I went on spilts with the Elders there, and it was amazing. Elder Larsen (my trainer) he is here in brasil with his dad visiting... well we had a family night together with Marcos and Elisangela that we baptized. It was really cool to see everyone again in the area, but it was sad too because the area is really struggling, so I am going to have to really help the ELders there. My new companion is really cool, he is already speaking really well, watching him speak portuguese reminds me of when I was starting on my mission, wow portuguese can be a really big pain. This week we have 1 baptism. Ellen, she is going to be baptized. She is a cousin of a member family, she has been going to church for a month, but this week we are going to help her be baptized. It is going to be really cool, because this member family has alot of referals, but they are scared that nobody wants to recieve the message, so now they are way excited that their cousin is going to be baptized, so now they invited everyone to go to the baptism, we are expecting at least 15 investagators at the baptism. It is going to be way cool.
Well I love being a missionary, I have never been happier in my life. It really is the greatest blessing in the world to be a missionary. I really taught it was way cool that mikey is teaching a brasilian family!! I wanna send him my testimony in portuguese.
I love you all so much. I love this gospel with my whole heart!!!
Hurrah for Israel!!!
ELder Olsen!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment