Monday, February 1, 2010

20 jan 2010

Wow, this week was really rough, I defentily am going through a trial of my faith. We had ALOT of people to baptize this week, and we werent able to baptize anybody. We made alot of mistakes, and did alot of things wrong personally, and so our baptism feel, we werent able to help the people that the Lord gave us. I was really sad on Sunday, it was probably one of the hardest days of my mission. We had two people to be baptized... they were at church and everything, but because the other Elder didnt pass them on the interview, they werent baptized. I was really sad, it was a really big lack of vision on the part of the Elder. One man left the interview crying he wanted to be baptized so bad, he was literally crying saying that he felt that Sunday was the day that he needed to be baptized... and still the Elder didnt understand.. i was really bummed, and it was probably the first moment in my mission I felt mad and angry... and I really didnt like it, it was really hard for me. The hardest part is that I live with this Elder... so i had to quickly overcome the Natural Man..
But this week we can all shout for joy because we are DEFINTELY going to baptize this week. I am really excited about my area, and I am praying that I will stay here another transfer... but it is all in the Lords hands. It is week 6!!
Well something that is really cool, is that I have an investagator her name is Denilda. She is a single mom and really awesome, and I really want her to be baptized, but she never really knew for sure that the church is true. So I fasted and prayed alot for her, and yesterday she told me that she had a dream, and God showed her that the church is true and that she needs to be baptized!! WOW!!! Heavenly Father is amazing, he seriously helps us so much her in the field!!
I am so grateful that I am here in Brasil, for the people that I am getting to know. i really hope that I stay here in Nova Vinhedo, or that I am transfered to the new branch Louveria that is going to open in 2 weeks. But whatever the Lord wants, I will do!!!
I love this work so much, I am so grateful for the gospel in my life.
Thanks for all the love and all the support, IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE!!
HURRAH FOR ISRAEL!!!
ELDER OLSEN

No comments:

Post a Comment