Monday, December 7, 2009

2 December 2009

Wow,

everything is great here, I am loving the mission. The area is great. Elder Nunes and I are working really well together. I have proabaly never worked harder on my mission than right now, and I am defintely feeling the blessing of the Lord because of it.

This week was really awesome. We had one baptism. Murilo was baptized. It was a true miracle to see him get baptized. To see the miracles that the Lord prepared for us to find him. The craziest part about him, is how we meet him. We meet him, because he talked to us! We were walking, and he said to us, I wanna stop smoking!! haha, so we turned around and asked him how much he smoked and everything, and he was baptized yesterday. haha. Truly a miracle from the Lord.

This week I think I went through something that not very many missionaries go through on there mission...
I dont know if you remember Sister Fatima... she is a lady that I baptized her and her two daugthers.... Well last week Elder Garcia, my old companion, who is financal sec. now, he called me and said Elder... Fatima passed away today...
It looks like she had a heartattack or a stroke, and she died.. she was only 50 or something.. way young, and she left behind a daugther that is only 12... Well that same night I called President Castro Deus, and he told me that we could go to the funeral.
So Elder Garcia and I went to her funeral... It was really rough... To see her in a cofin is something that I never thought I would see on my mission... It was really good to see all the members from the ward there... and everything was crying ALOT. It was really hard.. I just couldnt believe that somebody that I baptized, I was at her funeral.
Well, after it was really good to see her two daughters, Gisele and Rita, they were less sad than the rest of the family. Rita is 12, and she was really sad, she couldnt even watch. It was really difficult. Gisele is 23. She was crying alot too, but she was lot better than everyone else. I cant help but think that she died for a purpose... so that her family can come into the church. She was a really popular lady, so her funeral was way packed. And there was only us and like 10 members.. so we made alot of contacts and were talking with alot of people... But it was really rough.. It is so great that we know the plan of happiness, that she entered into the church at the perfect time in her life!!! That she was baptized so that she could enter into paridise. Pray for her family everyone, they are needing alot of prayers.
I hope that all is well at home, and that everyone is trying to be like Jesus.

Love,
Hurrah for Israel!!!!
Elder Olsen!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment