Wednesday, December 16, 2009

16 Dec 2009

Wow, this week was awesome. Things are really going awesome. It was really rough to send Elder Nunes home, but it was awesome all the things that I learned with him. He was a great example too me, of the blessings of the mission. I know that he was one of the best missionaries on the mission, and I really learned alot from him!
This week was really awesome for our zone and for me. 7 of our 8 areas had baptisms!! It was really awesome, to see all the missionaries see the blessings of working hard. The zone is great ready to explode! I know that here in a little bit, were are going to baptize alot of people!!!
Elder Silveira is awesome. He is really short. haha. I really have missed americans. haha. something that everyone jokes with me is that americans dont like me, that is why I dont work with them. I know have had 5 straight brasilian companions... so I am sorry that I am probably going to not know how to speak english anymore.
We had the great blessing of seeing Alcino baptized this week! It was a true miracle! He is a great man, and this week we are working with his wife and 4 children. It is awesome to see the dad of the family be baptized first, now all the family is going to follow..
It was quite the funny experience.. it took 5 times for him to be baptized!!! somebody in our ward named John, who is an older man, who had never baptized somebody before, baptized Alcino, but they are both bigger than dad, or in plainer words fat!! haha, so in the end I ended up having to get in the water too. wow, it is a funny story that I will tell you on christmas.
I am really excited to be here, in Brasil. It is really a country really blessed to hear the gospel. They are a people that accept so easily the gospel of Jesus Christ.
I love being on a mission, i am loving life.
I dont know how everything will work out with christmas mom, I will know next week.. but i think that you guys will have to call me.
Well I love you all, i am SOOOOO glad to be here in Brasil in CAMPINAS!!!
I love you all so much!! Pray for me,

Elder Olsen!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment