Wednesday, November 11, 2009

11 November 2009

I hope that all is going amazing for yall. Things here are amazing!!!
I am loving my new area, my new companion and my new calling, I LOVE
THIS WORK.

This week was extremely eventful, and we are working like crazy! Elder
Nunes and I are trying to work at every single moment with all we
have! We made a plan of action with the Lord, and we are really trying
our hardest to find the people that we know the Lord has already
prepared for us. We found a alot of new families this week, and it was
awesome to see the gospel in their lives. We have made a plan with the
Lord, that if we work our hardest that every single day we will find
at least 1 family that is ready to hear the gospel and be baptized!!
It was a really awesome goal, and for the first 3 days the Lord has
fulfilled his part, we found 3 new families, 9 people in total that
were already to hear the gospel when we found them, and were so ready
to hear the gospel and accept baptism. In the last 2 days we have
marked 9 baptisms!! I know that as we contintue to do our part the
Lord will too!

Well on Sunday was my first day in the ward, and the Bishop asked me
to speak.. I gave a talk on sacrifice and service. And it was really
good, I think that the members really like it.
This ward is amazing. It is basically like we have 2 teaching
groups... because every single night we have spilts with the members.
Ha, it is awesome. So we have the goal that I will interview Elder
Nunes's baptisms and he will interview my baptisms. Haha we have alot
of investagators that I dont even know, because Elder Nunes teaches
them every day, and I will interview. IT IS AMAZING!

So when I was transfered I went from a really poor area, to the
RICHEST area on the mission.... every body here is WAY rich. haha. It
was funny on Sunday in my talk, I said that I am from a city that
probably nobody knows Lindon, after the sacrament meeting like 4
people came upo too me.. "Lindon, what are you talking about???
everybody know lindon... next to orem, af, alpine..." haha. We have 3
ex mission presidents in our ward, and like everybody speaks english.
Alot of the members have already been to the US, and studyed at BYU,
or go skiing every winter in PC. So it is a home away from home....
The parking lot of the church on sunday was loaded with alot of nice
cars, that you would never see in Brasil on the streets everyday. So
it is a really blessed ward. I am excited to be working here. Elder
Nunes is awesome. I am learning alot from him.. He was AP for 10
months, and almost his whole mission he has been a leader... this is
his last transfer.... so he will be going home soon.. But he still
works hard than any other missionary.
Thanks for all that you do for me, and love you all so much!! I am so
grateful for all the blessings that I am seeing in my life because of
the mission... I am loving life!!!
Pray for me!!!
Hurrah for Israel!!!
Elder Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment