Wednesday, September 23, 2009

23 Sept 2009

Wow this week has been amazing!! Saturady we saw the miracles of wallace and Paula be baptized!! It was extremely spiritual and an amazing addition to the family. I am really excited for her. She has gone through some tuff times in her life... but now she is finally happy and loving life. I have been teaching her for 6 months, so it was a great reward and espiritual experenence to see her baptized with her children. She has two more kids that need to be baptized, but they live with the dad, so we are going to work with her to be able to help them move in with her... she is the investagator that I talked about on mothers day that was straving to death.. and so we helped her out that one day with food and clothes for her kids.. and now she is working full time and is having an amazing blessings from the Lord. It was week 6 of the transfer and after 6 months I thought for sure that I would be transfered.. I was really nervous monday night.. But Elder de Araujo was transfered, I will stay for at least 6 more weeks!! I am way excited. I love my area and ward, and I am really excited to stay here and work hard. I was also called to TRAIN!! I have my first kid here on the mission. HIs name is Elder Aragão which is way awesome name. He is REALLY smart. Well I am not sure if he is really shy, but he is defintely shy... so as we were catching the bus with all the things he had, 2 suitcases and everything. I asked him, do you have a testimony about mssionary work.. haha he said YES.. so I called everyones atention on the bus and that Elder Aragão was new and had an amazing message for him.. haha it was awesome.. I am defintely going to work REALLY hard, hey its his first area, he needs to become an amazing missionary.
Things are going amazing with the work... we have 2 more baptisms this week, and we are really trying our hardest to find somebody EVERY SINGLE WEEK. Something that I have been thinking alot about it that to baptize every week I only have to find for the least 1 person every week that wants to be baptized.. Well if I talk with 100 people, probably 1 or so will be baptized.. well I thought if I talked with 200 and my compaion too. that is 400 people and that is 4 baptisms every week. Well, I am pretty sure it is that simple. I am really not sure, one thing that I learned with Steven is just work!!! Dont think about anything else, just work and work, and Heavenly Father will do the rest. I am really excited. Well I have to run my kid has lots of things to do. I am really excited to be here in Brasil. I love it here. Things are amazing. I am so grateful for all the blessings that we recieve when we work our hardest and do our part.
D&C 100: 8-9; it is amazing.
Love YA ALL!!!!
Elder Tyler Olsen!!!
Hurrah for Israel!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment