Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Elder Olsen E mail 7 Oct 2009

Family,
Wow, this week was really interesting for me and my companion! I am loving traning but it is defintely alot harder than I thought it was going to be. I am seriously having a great time in Anhanguera. It has been 7 months that I am in the same area, ALOT of time. Conference was really amazing, for what I got to watch, I am learning to be a leader is alot more hard than I thought it would be. I have 8 different people, that any problem that they have, they call me. Wow, it is really hard. Saturday, we were watching conference when the sisters in my district told me, that I need to run to a house with them and interview somebody who would be baptized the next day. So I didnt get to watch conference on Saturday, and the worst part is that the person wasnt even baptized; so it was a little disappointing. And the same thing happened on Sunday, on the afternoon session, I had an interview during it, so I didnt get to watch Elder Hollands talk. But everyone told me it was amazing. I really loved conference, it was great to be spiritually uplifted. Well, conference works alot different here than in Utah. They only have one chapel that you can watch conference, and they ward doesnt rent a bus or anything to take people to the other chapel... so it was extremely hard to plan how our investagators would go to conference, we only have 5 people watch conference with us. It was an opportunity so golden to here the prophet for our investagators, but, sometimes, things dont work out how you want them too. We were unable to baptize Marcela... her Mom Dalva, who was already baptized got really nervous about her baptism, so she wouldnt let her. It was extremely sad, because Sister Dalva is awesome!! She just nervous at the last second to let her be baptized. Milton and his family werent able to go to conference, so they cousins werent able to be baptized too! It was really hard... They live about an hour away from the other chapel we had to go to, and in our entire ward we only had about 15 people watch conference, it was extremely sad. But the work will go on. We are going to mark all the baptisms again for this week, and work with everyone to go to church, and have an amazing week!!! Training is extremly hard!! It is such a difference for him and me, he never lived with an American, so we are completely different, but at the same time really similiar. He wants to be a judge when he grows up, so he is really like me, he wants alot of control, and he thinks he know ALOT about missionary work. We are both working on being more humble and work harder to help each other out. I love being a missionary. It is amazing, nothing could ever be better when you see someone for the first time pray, read the book of mormon, or recieve a testimony about Joseph Smith, these are the moments that help me want to be better, strong, more spiritual and to work harder. I love this work. I love all that happens everyday. I love being a member of the only true church on the face of the earth. Thanks for all the love and prayers. Everyone please pray for Marcela, Dalva, Luana, Maria, Milton, Davi, and Alexzandro. I love you all!!!
Hurrah for Israel!!!
Elder Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment