Tuesday, September 8, 2009

26 Aug 2009

This week has been amazing! I am so excited to be a missionary! I am loving my area, Anhanguera is amazing. This week we had stake conference, and they annoucned that our chapel will be moved.. This next month we will recieve a new warehouse that is like twice as big and has a parking lot and everything! So we are way excited, because it is on the main road of the city, so we will be able to do alot of work there, I am so excited. We had an awesome stake conference, and we had all 6 investagators that will be baptized this week there. Erismar, Rita, Agnaldo, Maria, Arthur and Bia are way excited for baptism this week. We had some rough patchs this past week with Maria, so we moved her baptism to this week, but she is really excited, and she choose the bishop to baptize her, so it will be really awesome. Well last night I went to teach Erismar and Rita and Agnaldo, and they were being really weird about their baptisms this week, so we asked if everything was ok, and turns out, that Erismar has this dream where he wants to be baptized in a river, like Christ was... So last night we made some phone calls, and this week we are going to go to a river, and baptize Erismar, Agnaldo, Rita, and probably Arthur and Bia at the same time. Haha, so that will be really awesome. Everyone please pray for us, for 2 things, that we can find a river, haha. and 2 that we will be able to do everything that we need too, to have a great baptism in the front of the river. Erismar, Agnaldo want me to baptize them, so I will baptize in a river! ha, I am way excited. We have a ton of work to do!! No one knows where a river is, or anything, but he said he wont be baptized without a river, so we are going to find a river. I dont know how, but we will find one! Things here are great, my companion Elder de Araújo, he is a really good missionary. He is really excited, and he wants to baptize alot like me!!! So we are going to get along great! I love this area, I know almost everything about it, after 5 months, I know everything, It is great, I hope that I can stay one more after this too, because I love it here. I am so grateful for the example I have in my life, Mikey and Steven really work hard, so I am trying my hardest to learn from their examples and be a GREAT missionary. Mikey sent me a letter in the mail... well he sent it a long time ago, but I got his letter this week and I am defintely motivated to work extremely hard. I am going to start running and trying my hardest to be the BEST missionary on the mission. We are really loving this work, and it is going great. I love this work, I love this country and I love this church! I am so thankful for all the blessings we have in our lives, and the opportunity we have to be members of the only true church on the earth! I know that everything is possible with the help of the Lord... Something that I have learned on the mission, is that if we want miracles, we need to ASK. Sometimes we just sit there waiting for the miracles to come our way, but if we want miracles, we need to ask for miracles, and he will give them. I dont have any doubts that miracles exisit in our days, i see them every single day! Justin, I hope that boot camp wasnt too hard, and I hope that you didnt kill anybody yet. I hope you know how to work a gun know, and at least dismantle it in 15.43223 seconds. Justin, write me an email about the marines.... I am really interested in joining...
Elder Olsen, thanks for all the advice you give me. Keep tearing up NYC!! I know that all NYC we change their lives because of you! Kids, I hope that all your studies are going great!!!
Mom, thanks for all that you do for me. I love you so much.
Dad, thanks for your letter. I got a letter from you, your words really are insipriring.
I love you all, keep praying for me.. Pray that we can find a river, and that we can make everything go smoothly..
Prover. 3:5-6

Elder Olsen
BRASIL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment