Friday, March 19, 2010

11 March 2010

Wow this week was really good for me. I am loving my mission right now. This week we had a record week in our zone. We had 14 baptisms just this week!!! It is a new record for our zone. It was alot of work, but it was worth it. The missionaries are really excited about the work in this stake and zone. We all really fought hard to work our hardest to accomplish our goals. On sunday night at midnight I was transfered... for the 2nd time on my mission I was transfered. And as I guessed, my area shut down, but it was really a great time in my mission. I learned alot through the struggles that we had with our leadership in our ward. At least now I know what I need to do better to work with stake leaders and ward leaders.
So, I was transfered to be zone leader in the zone sumare, in a area called Portal Bordon.. it is a great area.. but the zone and area are going throught alot of hard times in the past 3 months. in the past 3 months the ZL only baptized 1 person!!! wow, that is pathetic.. this past month the whole zone only baptized 5 people... so there is alot of work to be done here in the zone. They were having alot of trouble with confidence, so when I got here I really went wild. They have alot of investagators that have already been to church more than 3 or 4 times.. but they were afaird to invite to be baptized. So the first night i got here, I invited a family of 3 to be baptized this saturday. All of them accepted! So it is going to be really fun to work here, we are going to baptized alot of people.
The zone is a smaller zone, only 5 areas, so I am the only zone leader. My companion is Elder Philipp, from Alpine utah. Ha, yeah my first american companion in 1 year!!!! He is a great young missionary, with alot of potential in the furture. It is going to be funy working with him here, and learning with him. Our zone is going to be awesome, because it is a smaller zone, we are going to be able to help all the missionaries at the same time. there is also a DL in the zone, so we will be able to plan alot of spilts and fun finding actvities. I am really excited to be a missionary. I am loving my mission.
Something really cool is that Anhanguera is in my zone. HAHA. so I will be able to return to my first area and really light a fire. The area has been really struggling since I left.. I found out from the Elder that is there that the ENTIRE relief society presidency is people that I baptized!!! Elisangela is the 1st cons. Andreia is 2nd and Gisele is Sectar. haha, wow it really was awesome to hear that. I love the gospel for this purpose. In 6 months these people completely changed their lives, they are now active members of the church of God. I am so happy to know the TRUTH.

HURRAH FOR ISRAEL!!
Elder Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment