Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Elder Olsen 24 June 2009

Hello , it sounds like everyone is doing really great on the vacation. I wish I could say that I am jealous... but I am having the time of my life here in Anhanguera! My area is really great! This week we had something really sad happen. Sema, Sergio, Nicolle, and Kaikee will not be baptized this week. The day of their interview, we found out that they were not really married. They have a marriage contract, but it is not valid our President said, so we are not going to baptize them for awhile. The hardest part about it, is that they probably will never be baptized.. I have a lot of faith, but the problem is that Sema, she receives a pension for the death of her husband, if she gets married again, she won´t be able to receive it anymore. So, today we are going to talk to her about marriage.. so everyone please pray for her. They live off this pension, it is the only money that they receive, so it will be really tough, but I know the Lord will provide a way. Well, this is week 6 of the transfer, I am really nervous, I wanna stay here so bad, but I am not sure what will happen. This week we have 5 baptisms, So to end our transfer together will be really good, but at the same time, I am really sad, we had such potential to baptize the whole area, but I learned a lot this transfer with Elder Garcia. Elder Garcia is still sick... It is frustrating at times, but I am not mad at him, because he can´t help it.. but he is really sick, it is a huge testimony to me, he is still working hard and hard.. But something is wrong with his health, everyone continue to pray for him! Andreia, Mateus, Cristiane, Adrianna, and Maria are going to be baptized on Saturday, and we are really excited. Andreia and Mateus were really tough at the beginning, but now they are great. I love the opportunity to get to know all these wonderful people. I love it! Well yesterday I was in division with my Zone Leader. It was a blast! ha, I really had alot of fun. It was awesome, we tried alot of different ideas to meet people. During the spilts with him, I think that he was thinking that since | was a new missionary I wouldn't talk with many people, so I wanted to prove myself, ha. So we were on a Bus, and it was way way crowed. there was about 50 or 60 people on the Bus. Well, I decided to use my best gift I have, my loud voice and talk with everyone! So, I started talking really loud. "Good evening everyone, my name is Elder Olsen, I am a missionary for the chruch of Jesus Christ! We have a message that is changing the lives of millions of people around the world! We are here to move your lives too! We will be walking around, if you can have your address ready, we will share a message that will change your life." haha, it was way funny. We got about 20 addresses, and everyone loved it. So after that we started just talking with everyone we saw. I got about 50 addresses yesterday, so it was an awesome day. It was a good reminder for me that missionary work is fun, we were laughing all night about it. Well, I love the work here, I am praying that I will stay here one more transfer, but I am not sure, I really really wanna stay here, but I will let you know next week what happens. I love this gospel. I love it so much! I am on a spiritual high every single day! One thing that I have been studying a lot is about the book of life in the scriptures. EVERYONE, write in your journals everyday! It is sacred. It is a commandment, one thing that I have learned here is this. Also, it is important because it is scripture, we need to seek Sacred Spiritual Experiences every single day. Have you ever thought where we would be if Joseph Smith didn't keep a journal? or Nephi? Moroni? We need to seek for scared spiritual experiences everyday, that we can fill our journals with scripture. I love you all. I love this gospel. I feel I learn a million new things everyday. Pray for me, I love you all. Remember Luke 18:27-30
Love you all!
Elder Olsen #3

1 comment:

  1. Wow - what a great experience on the bus!
    It is so wonderful that you can share the gospel in this way!

    ReplyDelete