Friday, June 12, 2009

Elder Olsen 12 June 2009

Wow, missionary work is amazing! I am having the time of my life here in Brasil! I literally love Brasil, It is an amazing place. I love the people here so much, they are so much different than the people in the United States of America. But a good different, everyone is nice everyone is willing to talk to us, and everyone is willing to listen to our message! This past week has had it´s troubles... We have alot of people that love our message, and love us the missionaries, but do not want to act on the feelings that they feel. They are not willing to go to church or set a baptism date, it is really frustrating. When someone has a testimony, and you know they know the Book of Mormon is true, and that Joseph Smith saw God and Christ, It is frustrating when we pass by their house on Sunday morning and they are not willing to go to church, It is really difficult. We are teaching a new family that is really amazing! Sergio, Sema, Nicole, and Calique! They are really good family that is already married! The only problem is that Sema had a husband for 13 years... and 2 years ago he passed away in a car accident.. we thought that the plan of salavation would be perfect for them, and it was.. for Sema, but the problem is now she is talking alot about her husband who passed away... and giving little time to her current husband here Sergio, so Sergio is struggling now, because he thinks that she talks to much about her old husband, and yeah, it is troublism in the house. But, even with all this problems I know the gospel will bless their lives, I am about 98 percent sure they will be baptized 27th! Steve, or anyone, what can we do with this situation? The kids are really depressed I think. Nicole, she is 13 years old, she barely barely talks, Calique, he loved our first message, but after the 2nd lesson he really isnt interested anymore. Yesterday we had a family night with them, and I prepared some food and we had fanta, and all sorts of good things, but still the kids were liked depressed. During the lessons I really try to involve Nicole, he answer for everything is "Tudo Não é?" That is all.. so what can I do, obviously it is hard, their dad passed away, and there Mom is struggling, the New dad is awesome! But i think they are scared because he was hit by a car 7 months ago, and nearly died, so I mean, this family has bad luck with cars, so he can´t work, or leave the house, or anything, Sema, she has a disability with her feet, so she can´t walk either, but this family is amazing, they are so ELECT! I just need a little help, anyone have ideas? Other than that we have some other investagators that are doing really well too! Andreia and Mateus will be baptized the 27th, and have about 3 or 4 others we are trying to mark for that day too! We are trying to really baptize as many people as we can together, because we are almost certain I will be transfered from what President said too us... so we are trying to work hard together becasuse we work really really well together! I love Elder Garcia, he is so amazing! Well sounds like everyone is doing well, I love the fact that you are on a two month vacation, such an Olsen thing too do! Nobody takes a two month vacation! NOBODY! but I love it, When I tell people about my family and the things we have done they think we are crazy, in the good way, but crazy! I hope Justin is good, I can´t believe he is a MARINE! that is nuts! I hope you have a great time family! Thanks for all the letters, love and support, I really love the fact that I have a family that loves and supports me so well! I love you all, I love our Savior Jesus Christ! I am so glad to know the fact that the truth is with us! That we know where the true church of God is on this EARTH! I love you all, keep praying for me, I pray for you all, Remember the sacredness and holiness of our calling of members of the church in these LAST DAYS! Remember, the Savior is coming, we must do all we can to prepare us, and everyone around us! Thanks for all the Love, Eu enviou um grande abraço de Brasil. Eu amo vocês muito! Eu sei que esta Igreja de Cristo, com um Profeta, Doze Apostoles, e Autoridade de Deus...que Bênção! Remember Matthew 25:40! Search for opprtunites to serve others around us!
Love Elder Olsen #3

No comments:

Post a Comment