Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Elder Olsen letter 3 June 2009

this week was really awesome! We are way excited about this transfer! Elder Garcia and I are going to work really hard to really push ourselves this transfer...try and baptize a lot of people. We have been praying ALOT for Heavenly Father to place families in our paths.. We are teaching a lot of people that are solos, you aren´t married, so this week we really prayed hard and fasted alot to ask for families already married, and ready to accept the gospel. The crazy thing about prayers... It really works. I can´t believe how much Heavenly Father blesses us when we ask for help. Friday night we were had an appointment in CDHU(basically the projects of Brasil, it is like the government housing here in Brasil.) And everything here is like way hard to get in and get out, you have to have a key and people here do not like missionaries, So we were teaching a lady named Antonia, she is probably 76 years old, but elect people do not have an age limit, she is great! She is preparing for baptism the 20th! So we were teaching her, and we needed to exit the compound, so I knocked on some bottom floor doors asking for a key, and of course Heavenly Father prepared one lady named Sema, normally we don´t try and make contacts with people that give us keys, just because we´ve already done that alot, and they usually don´t like it, and say that we can´t come back. But, I had to talk to her, so I did, and she loved our message! We came back the next day, and she has a husband and a 16 and 14 year old kids. They all accepted baptism and are doing great! Sema has a problem with walking, (I am not sure the name of it in English) but she can´t walk very far, and so it is going to be hard to get her to church. Not very many member in the ward have cars, and so we are going to have to work really closely with the ward to help this family. The father Sergio, during the first lesson stayed in the kitchen, but after the first vision, and committing them to baptism he came out, and he was really happy, he was sitting in there the whole time listening to the whole thing! So, they all accepted baptism, are we are working on a date right now, probably the 20th too! We have a lot of awesome investigators right now, that we are really excited about. We are literally trying to talk to everyone we see on the street. That is one thing that Steve taught me really well, that we need to talk to everyone on the street, and it is really working, we have about 120 addresses right now, so we are booked full!! It is crazy, we are literally trying to talk to anyone we see, and get there address. We are really excited about this transfer, we only have 4 weeks left, so we are trying really hard to work together hard. Well I have exciting news, starting this Saturday I won´t just be Elder Olsen, I will also be Professor Elder Olsen too! This Saturday we are starting our English Course in the Chapel. I am going to teach English for 2 hours every Saturday for free, we are thinking that it is a great way to meet people, and get people in the chapel on Saturday, and then talk about how we have our meetings the next day and they can return. We are way excited. I am really nervous, not really sure what I am going to teach, but I am going to have a lot of fun. Well I am really enjoying my mission, every single day is a new adventure, the best part is you never know what is going to happen.. anything can happen. I really am loving Elder Garcia, he is a great missionary! I really enjoy being his companion, he is the kind of missionary I wanna stay with, but we are basically positive I will be transferred, so we are trying to work how together. I cannot believe that Justin is a Marine, that is CRAZY! I cannot imagine what he is going through.. probably really hard stuff. But it will make a mission really easy for him. Mom, make sure to send him my emails, in a letter or something.. Janessa, I cannot believe that you are 16 awesome! Did you get my birthday letter yet? I hope all is well, I hope everyone is preparing for summer there, I never thought I would say this, but yesterday I was WAY cold here! It is really cold here, my comp is from the North, he literally almost died, it was really funny. Me or him didnt bring anything for the cold, literally I brought nothing, I have one long sleeve white shirt, and that is it. He has about 5 but only that, no sweater´s or anything. So he is really dying, I think that my body is way used to the hot, so the first sign of cold my body freaked out. Well I love you all, I miss you all! I hope all is well! Keep me in your prayers, but better yet keep the elect people waiting for me in your prayers, prays that I can find them and teach them with power and authority! Keep the missionaries in your prayers, but make sure too, as Elder Bednar said, pray for missionary opportunities yourself´s! Read Alma 13:24-30!! I love you ALL!!
Elder Olsen #3!!
Jesus Cristo é Nosso Mestre! Eu Amo Vocês!

No comments:

Post a Comment