Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Elder Olsen Letter 6 May 2009

Wow, sounds like everything is great at home. Sounds like everyone is doing really great! Mom, I can´t believe you already got my package that is a really good thing that you got it so fast! I thought for sure it would be over a month, but I am glad you got it! Justin, I can´t believe you leave in 26 days or something crazy like that! Wow, that is crazy! You will be a Marine! That is way awesome, Janessa, 16, yeah right! I don´t believe it! Dad thanks so much for all the photos! They are pretty.... Funny? Justin, your lame, you would try to pull a move! Sounds like everyone is doing awesome! Mom, how did you like the package? Dad, the strange BofM is crazy huh!! Way crazy! Well everything here is amazing! The work is really starting to take off, and transfers are coming up, I really want to stay here! On the 14th Marcos and Eliâgela will be married, and they well be baptized on the 16th! We will also have their children baptized that day too, with another man named Renato! we will have 5 baptisms the 16th! It is going to be a special day, I am really excited! Renato is 19, João Vitor, our first baptism talked to him on a bus, and invited him to church, and last Sunday he showed up. His life story is crazy! He has already had so many spiritual experiences; he has been searching for the true church for awhile, so when he was in church before we had the opportunity to teach him, he already knew this was the true church. He asks some really hard questions to answer, so tomorrow we are going to give him a triple and have him read the D&C at the same time as the BofM, because he is reading ALOT everyday. He is EXTREMELY intelligent.. He is learning Japanese right now, and he probably is a nerd, He likes Kung Fu, and Japennese things alot I think. It is awesome I get along with him really good, because I am a nerd at heart. Paula and Manoel still haven´t agreed to be married.. Paula loves the church, but I think Manoel loves drinking more, He drinks allot. So it is really hard to teach him. They went a couple days without food, and they have 2 small children, so we and the ward members got them some food and things, and are trying to help Manoel find a job, it is really sad, because Paula really is in a tough situation, Manoel isn´t a very good person, and I think he may be a little abusive.. but she has to think about her kids. they aren´t in school or anything because they can´t afford school even, they literally have no money, it is really sad. We are trying to help them get on their feet. Marcos Elizâgela Igor Gabrella are golden, they are already members basically, they go to all the activites, and they help out in the ward alot, they are awesome! I am really excited for them. Well, you know how I always said that I had the loudest clap in the world.. Well this talent has really helped in Brasil.. That is the system for knocking on doors right. Well I am basically pro. I can make people in the very back of the house hear me, sometimes the neighbors come outside because they think that I am knocking on their door, it is quite funny. Everything here is amazing. I love being here; I am having the time of my life. I can´t wait till I can speak perfect portuguese, it is my dream. I can get along pretty good right now, but still need ALOT of work. We need to work on finding people too, but we are getting better. I love being a missionary. I am so full of the spirit all the time. I love it. I get to feel of the spirit all day, it is truly an amazing gift. Keep me in our prayers, because the power of prayer is amazing. Remember Alma 37:37, we need to pray ALWAYS!! it is so important, only God and Christ can help us when we ASK! I love you and miss you all. Mom, I am excited to talk to you on mother´s day! I love you all, I pray for you every day!

Hurrah for Israel!
Elder Olsen #3

No comments:

Post a Comment