Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Elder Tyler Olsen Letter 20 May 2009

Hello!
Wow, this week was amazing! I am so excited to be on a mission!! Last Thursday was a wedding of Marcos and Elisângela we got to go and it was awesome! Their brother(or uncle or something) is a professional photographer so he was there filming it and everything it was awesome! They have a DVD and everything about the wedding and they gave us copies, it was awesome! Saturday we have the baptisms of Marcos Elisangela Igor Gaberiela and Renato! It was so so espiritual! It was amazing! It was by far the happiest day on my mission so far! It was awesome seeing the together as a family so happy and everything! Sunday we have the baptism of Marcelo, it was awesome! It was really good, he is a little slow in the head,(he is a professional fighter, he does fighting all day, so I think that he has been hit in the head ALOT! because he is really smart, just really funny... think Rocky Balboa.) But he is really excited to be a member of the church. Monday my companion was transfered! I spent the day in the Center of Campinas in a meeting with President Casto Deus, he is truly an inspired man, I am so excited to be working with Elder Gracia now, he is Brasilian, so say good bye to english, I probably will not speak alot of it for awhile.. it is good it will be really good for me, it will really help my portuguese. Elder Gracia is awesome! He is the type of companion i am going to get along with really good, he is way excited about missionary work, yesterday we probably talked to 50 people in the streets just practically running from place to place! It is awesome! We are setting some really high goals this transfer!! The other day I met a lady named Andreia, And she is really in touch with the spirit, it is awesome, we marked her and her child Mateus baptism for the 31!! so we have another 2 baptisms next week that I am really excited for! We are setting some really high baptism goals for baptisms this transfer! So we are ready to get to work! Sounds like everything at home is going really well. I haven´t recieved mail for 3 weeks... On fault of the Zone leaders. They always say they forget our letters.. So not sure on what is going on there, so sorry if I havent wrote anyone back, I am waiting for letters myself, I will proabably get them next tuesday.. I hope. Well everything is going great here, I love my missoin so much! I am so excited to be here! I love portuguese, it is the greatest language in the world, second to english that is. Everything is awesome! I love you all. Remember the attributes of Christ! Mosiah 3:19 I love you all, keep me in your prayers!
Elder Olsen #3

No comments:

Post a Comment