Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Elder Olsen Letter 29 April 2009

Minha Família,
Tudo Bom!? Eu Amo Vocês! I am loving my mission! This week has been great! I had alot of great stories, and it is going to be hard to tell them all so I am going to type as fast as I can. I have had a week of experimenting! I ate lots of weird foods this week! It was awesome. I ate a chicken heart. It is a speciality here, and it was good, just really chewy. But not at all as chewey as the cow stomach that I ate. Ok, this was by far the hardest, grossiest thing that I have ever eaten. It was so NASTY! Marcos and Elizâgela prepared it for us, and it was tough to eat. I nearly threw up like 2 times! It was really rough. I have some video of my first bite, because the family thought it was so great, so they wanted to watch us, so it is just me and my companion, sitting at the table, and everyone watching us, AH!! so hard, fake smile, "oh, só normal carne!" ya right! ha, but it was a good experience.. we laughed forever about it! We also made american pancakes with Marcos Family, they loved them! We didnt have maple syrup but we used the amazing Brasil fruit here, it was awesome. Dad, you would not like Brasil, But Mikey would love it! They use every holiday on the calander, every single week they find a reason to close all the shops and have the day off I swear every week there is a new "feriado" and everyone takes work off. The work is going great! We are having alot of success with the investagators we have, but they all need marriage! Which is a big ordeal for everyone, so it is rough because they cant get baptized until they do that. Marcos Family is so ready! There wedding is next Thursday! We are having a party at the Chapel, and they are gettting baptized on Saturday, I am way excited. Basically me and Elder Larson are wedding planners, so it is pretty tight, we get to get everyone involved. We met a family that is already married, and have baby twins, we havent taught them yet, but our street contact went really well, we teach them tomorrow, we are really excited, because she has 2 friends that are member and she was like asking questions, we basically gave her the first lesson on the street, so we are really excited about this family, We had 10 investagators at church on sunday, it was a bitter sweet day, because Paula/Walace gave us back our BOM, and said they arent at all interested, I thought they were going to get baptized for sure! So that was rough. The work is amazing, I love the language, (I still dont speak at all good) Everyone can tell I am an American, And alot of times I dont have the vocab I need... But everyday I learn alot, One trick that I have learned is never tell anyone that I am from the United States, because once I do, they are convinced that I cannot speak português and they stop listening to me, so the trick is trying to make them think your from Brasil, Ha, I have a long way to go on that one, plus I have blonde hair. Always on the street little kids yell "Fala Alemão, Fala Alemão!!" Which is speak German, they all think I am German, so I turn around to the kids and start talking to them in English, it is so funny! They kids are like 5 and 6 and go running away "ahhH!!" haha, it is so funny! They all carry around yo-yo´s, that is a huge fad is Brasil right now, so it is fun to mess around with the kids, and teach the english, they really help my português, they just straight up say, " Não Entende." when I speak wrong, so it forces me to check my conjugation, and my pronucation.. It is really alot of help. I am excited to be here on my mission! I love it! I learn so much everyday! Everyday is like a new chapter in my life, I never know what is going to happen, who we are going to talk to, what their questions will be, it is amazing! It makes me realize how little I know, people ask some hard questions!! We need faith, that is for sure, only a musturd seed, Matthew 17:20! I love this scrpiture! Everything is possible with faith.I recieved 9 letters yesterday at my district meeting, everyone was so jealous! My companion made me take a photo, with all the letters that he has recieved this transfer and how many I recieved yesterday, thanks for the support, I love reading about how everyone is doing, how life back home is going. I love you all! Sam I miss you like crazy!!! Steve, Hurrah for Israel!! ha, I love the mission, it is amazing! Keep praying for me, I know it helps, I can feel how many prayers are coming in for me. I love you all.
Eu sento saudades de vocês! (i miss you)
Elder Olsen #3.

No comments:

Post a Comment