Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Elder Olsen Letter 24 March 2009

Oi Tudo Bom? I love Brasil!! It is going amazing! There hasn´t been anything exciting going on this week, just allot of studying of the gospel and the language. Portuguese is coming along great! I am really starting to kind of get the hang out it.. Ha, it is a kind of situation..
I went to Sao Paulo temple for the last time in my mission today; it is such a beautiful temple. It is gorgeous. It is so strange to think that I will only have 12 days left after today, weird! But, I am ready to get out there! I am starting to get in a real groundhog´s day routine, it is the same thing every day here, which isn´t a bad thing.. It is just very very similar... All the days blend in really well, and it is hard to remember exactly what happens each day, just that it happened within the last week.
So missionary work took a big change just yesterday, that will affect the way missionary work is done everywhere in the world, the Prophet announced yesterday that they are going to stop using pass a long cards.. No more for missionaries. It will only be a missionary tool for members now, so I am not sure the impact that will have, since I haven´t ever used pass a long cards expect during proselyting. So Steve or Mikey could tell you the bigger effects this will have; but all my teachers were making it sound like it is a big deal. I am excited for it, because now it will force missionaries to be more talkative , they can’t just say call this number, they have to say, can we come to your house, and teach more? So it will force missionaries to be more outgoing,
I am extremely excited to get into the field, I really can´t wait. It is starting to get really exciting in my district, we are all working really hard, and trying our best to be our bestly prepared for the field in the language and the gospel. Well, I don´t have allot of time, but I love you all, thank you for all the advice I get. I love this work, it is truly inspired. I love you all. Hurrah For Israel!!!
Scripture for the week: D&C 84: 80 and 88.

Love Elder Olsen

2 comments:

  1. Does anyone in the family know more about no more pass along cards for missionaries? I remember days when my companion and I would hand out several hundred in one day. Pass along cards were a huge part of my mission; I wonder how this will affect the referrals missionary receive? The brethren really want us as members to get more involved in missionary work!

    Steven

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steven I am not surprised to see you have already commented on this one! You are the best when it comes to sharing pass a longs. Well, now we know its up to us and not just the missionaries.

    ReplyDelete