Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Elder Olsen 31 March 2009

Minha Família,

Hello from Brasil!! How is everything at home!? Thank you for all the
E-mails, this past week I have received allot of letters in the mail
thank you so much! Mom, I got your baptism thing for Andrew, I got
Dad´s letter, Justin´s, and lots from friends! Thanks so much for letters! I have a big bunch of letters going out today! So expect themin 2 weeks?So this week was pretty exciting, I was bite by a spider, on my leg, I am going to send apicture of it, it is pretty intense.

So Brasil is amazing on my
health, ha, more rice and beans this week, haha, but I am starting to
accept that I am going to eat that every single day on my mission, It
isn´t that bad of a realization. So this past week I have been trying
to talk to as many Brasilian missionaries I can, And It is so
motivational, most of them were baptized within the past 4 years, and
they are already willing to give up 2 years for the church! It is
truly inspiration. This past friday we went proselyting for the last
time here in the CTM, and It was really great! There are no more pass
a long cards like I said last week, so it gave us the opportunity to
really get personal with people, because we only had 10 book of
mormon´s so we tried to really talk to people allot and see if they
were really interested! It went really good, no crazy stories, we had
just my district (6 elders 2 sisters) on one bridge!! This bridge is
huge, and like everyone just sets up stuff to sell on the ground and
it is crazy! There were thousands of people in just a 100 foot bridge.
So we went around talking to people, and it went really good, I am
really getting a hang of the portuguese. I still need allot of work,
especially talking, but at least I can understand kinda good, and I
Can talk about the gospel really well. I just wish I could talk about
People´s life more, but that is the vocab I am working on right now.
So I only have 6 days left... And I couldn´t be more excited.. And
really it is only like 3 days, because Saturday and Sunday we spend all day at
general conference. and Monday we have meetings about departing and
stuff, so just 3 days left of class and studying! crazy!! I really
hope that I am ready, I am ready to leave, and just get to work, I am
just nervous about the language... I hope my companion is Brasilian.
That will really help, If I am able to have him as I companion, so I
can speak it all the time! Well I love being a missionary!! This is
the best decision of my life!! I love you all!! thanks for you letters
and support!! Helaman 5:12

Love, Elder Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment