Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Elder Olsen 17 March 2009

Oi Minha Familia,Tudo Bom? Ha, how is everything going at home? Sounds like everyone is doing really well Mom, Thanks so much for the updates on all the kids; Tell Sammy I miss him like crazy! I am so dying to see his drawings he drew for me. I love that kid to death. Tell him I miss him like crazy! Dad, thank you so much for the photos that is awesome! I am so jealous of that snow in the picture.. I can´t even remember what winter feels like. I am hot all the
Time! haha, it is pretty bad, but I love it, it was raining just a little bit ago as I was walking around, and it hot rain.. Weird Well I am adjusting to the life of a missionary quite well... 1030 sleep 630 wake up.. It is all good.. I am still gaining allot of weight. I am getting nervous.. Last night at gym I decided I might have to start working out for the first time to maintain my figure.. I am at like 155 pounds now.. All my clothes are getting a little tighter So.. ha hopefully I can still fit in them in a couple of months. Well today we went to Sao Paulo temple again and it is beautiful.. so we went to the Sao Paulo temple again and it is beautiful. There were some missionaries there from the Sao Paulo mission, and I got to talk to this Elder from Arizona, and he gave me some really good advice about the language.. He only has 2 months left.. But it was great to talk to him. Well I am getting really good at typing on the computer.. We have this computer program called TALL.. it is where we work on our typing for the language, and it really helps me in computer typing skills that I have for when I type the family.
So I have some things to ask for mother haha sorry.. But could you send me some photos..Maybe to my mission home? Because I leave in 3 weeks... so if you sent it now in a package it might not make it.. Also the pictures of just me and Sammy, ha I love those photos..Justin congrats of the State tournament.. That is way awesome.. That is tight that you are training already. I am getting fat so you will be able to beat me up. Have you received any letters from me? I have sent about 15 letters from here.. I read that Mikey received mine that is awesome..What about my other letters.. What is the news of those? Could I get a copy of my farewell talk? And also the talk by Elder Bednar about prayer.. and the story about Elder Hait I think, I must stand or knell never sit.. that one.. Mom I am going through pens like crazy.. Anyway you could send me some zebra pens?
So I got to proselyting this week and it was way awesome! I love it! I am getting allot better at Portuguese every single day, it is crazy how much like 2 weeks in between proselyting days make a difference. I was able to talk allot more. Anyways, I met a man by the name of Andre.. He was extremely interested in the gospel. It was crazy! Like
He was asking allot of questions.. And my vocabulary at this point is anything in lesson 1 or 2 haha so I wasn´t quite able to answer all his questions but he said "don´t worry the spirit will fill in the blanks of what you are notable to speak." like when someone makes a comment like that, I donno that is a pretty good sign I think. He said that he is going to pray alot about our church, and get the missionaries to teach him more, I was able to talk to him for 30 minutes, and give him both a medium 1st and 2nd lesson.. Kind of. ha. My vocab is coming along.. It is slowly getting better, I understand really well, which is a relief.. but my talking is coming along, I still have a ton of work! David, Mandy, Andrew, any advice on how to quickly learn the language? Conference is coming up and I am extremely excited! I cannot wait! is anyone going? I am so jealous, that is something that I wish I would´ve done
more. Brazilians here are so jealous of all our temples and our apostles so close to us. I am embarrassed when they ask how times I have been, and I only say twice..
Well I am all but out of time, and my pizza should be getting here, I am getting so excited! (wow I must really sound fat right now, looks like I have allot of dad in me after all) I love Brasil! I love this missionary work so much! It is incredible how much the Lord blesses us when we are obedient. You are definitely in my prayers, my whole family is. Mom you are the greatest ever. I love you mom, I tell a story about you everyday.. I showed my teacher a picture of our family and his jaw dropped to the floor! He couldn´t believe how big our family was, and how young you and dad were. I love our family so much. I miss you all soo much!! Andrew happy birthday!! I have a present coming for you! It should be there soon! Janessa, GO TO SCHOOL!!! Justin, you are the bomb! Amanda and Adam, thank you for your letters! Send me more! I wrote you! you should get them soon!! Sammy, you are my best friend I love you buddy! Draw me lots and lots of pictures! Thank you for your teddy bear in Provo! I sleep with it every night! Enjoy the temple dedication!!! I am so jealous, wish I could bet there! I love you all so much! Dad, I have a huge letter coming your way, It was sent last week, so expect it soon! I love you dad thanks for the example you are! I pray for the deer crest house every day, I love you! I almost forgot my scripture for the day, there are two of them. Alma 37:36-37AND Alma 29:14-17 love ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment