Thursday, January 13, 2011

5 Jan 2010

Family,

Wow, i am really happy to be a missionary. I can not believe the blessings the Lord has given me. I have so exciting news! I recieved a new companion! I have been spending alot of time with President making plans for the future leadership of the mission, especially the role of the assisents on the mission. So we both felt the assisent would do better if they had jr companions and worked in seprate areas. So my companion Elder Hansen moved areas, to a area close by, and I am staying here in costa e silva, with a newbie. His name is Elder Durate, he is brasilian. He is really cool, he is in his 2nd transfer on the mission. it is going to be a lot of fun the new model. This way the assistents will be able to grab a nwebie and train him up alot for a couple of weeks, then he can become senior after that. So it should be a lot of fun. Things in my area are going great. We are really seeing the Lords blessing here in my area.Lilam is going to be baptized this saturday. its all set. She is amazing, defintely the future relief society president. She has been going to church for about 6 months now. Also we are teaching a man named Robson, I can not believe him. So we found him last saturday, we taught him, and he loved it. He accepted all the inviatations. I gave him my number to confirm that he would be able to go to church. Well we left his house, about an hour later i recieved a phone call. "hey elder, it is robson, hey i read and prayed about the book of mormon, dont worry it's true, i'm going to be baptized!" Then the next day, we went to pick him up to go to church, we said we would be there at 845. we were about 5-10 minutes late. he called me, "hey where ya at? I dont want to be late my first day at church!" he is awesome!!! He went to church, made a ton of friends, he is really smart, he is psychiatrist. really smart. He is going to be baptized on the 15th. We are really excited. I am really happy to be a missionary. I kinda get sad a frustrated sometimes, i mean right now i feel i finally got it, i am finally the missionary that i needed to be all along. I know to how find, teach, and baptize. and now i have to go home? not cool. But I am praying alot so that the Lord will help me understand that. I love this work, i love serving. I have gained a real testimony on service. I know that it is amazing to serve others. I love you all. Pray for me.

Hurrah for Israel
Elder Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment