Thursday, January 13, 2011

29 Dec 2010

hello family i am so thankful for the wonderful family that I have! It was great to talk to everyone on the phone. Wow, everyone seems to have changed alot. I can't believe it. It was good to hear sammy tell me that I am still his best friend, and that mikey is still in second place. Haha, if i can matain my best friend mantle from another country game over!! when i get home we will still be best friends. I hope that Justin is good. I have been praying for him alot lately. This week was great. We had a baptism on sunday. Benedito was baptized. our third companion Elder Carlstrom got in the water for his first time on the mission! He was really excited. It has been fun working with a third companion, especially a new american. It has reminded me how much i have grown in 2 years. The struggles that I had to go through. the langauge, the food the culture, I had almost forgotten what it was like. Unfortunely we will be losing Elder Carlstrom this week.. A missionary will be going home tomorrow due to sickness, so he is needed else where. But these 2 weeks were alot of fun. I am really enjoying working hard at this time of season, the Lord has preparerd alot of people for the gospel this given time. I really hope to be able to help alot of people these last weeks of my mission. The Lord is so great. We are doing alot of training meetings on the mission, and alot of exchanges with missionaries, so time is going by even faster than normal. I sure dont like that. It is strange. My companion and I are doing great, I love him like a brother, we get along great (just like 2 brothers we get in alot of heated discussions, but that is what makes it fun.) He is a great missionary. We have alot of amazing people that we are teaching right now. We should have around 8-10 baptism in January. We are really excited. We have alot of special people. Especially Liliam. We already baptized her family, but now it is her turn. She has been waiting for her wedding papers, and now they are down after the new year, so she will be baptized on the 8th. We also have William, Henrique and Robson, who will be baptized on the 15th. They are all really special as well. I have seen the blessings of forget yourself and go to work. It is an amazing feeling. Serving others is the cure to all problems. When we serve we really can feel the Lord's presence. I got 2 new ties from recent converts, that was the best christmas present I have ever gotten. They are a very poor family, but to see them give away 2 ties was just a special moment, they have really embarced the gospel. I love them alot. I love you all, you are the best. I am so proud of my family, I consider it the best and most important thing in my life. I love you all. Please pray for me in all moments, so that I can continue to learn and grow as a person and missionary.

Hurrah for Israel

Elder Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment