Wednesday, June 2, 2010

5 May 2010

Hello family,

wow this week was amazing. We really saw the Lord is our area and in our zone. I feel really blessed to be here in my area, i feel like i am a new missionary here. I am really loving my area and my zone. This week we had a great week. It was really awesome to see the Lord in our zone and in our area. This week we had 2 baptisms here in our area. The first was on friday, a man named Jose. He is really awesome. He is like 55 or so, and his kids are already members of the church, but he was never baptized. So we have been teaching him for like 3 weeks, and every single week he goes to church, and every single week he reads the book of mormon, but for some reason he didnt want to be baptized. so on thursday night we taught him, and as we were saying the opening prayer i felt the spirit guide my thoughts in a really amazing way. So right when my companion said amen, i took of my name tag and held it in front of his eyes. And i asked him he if knew the importance of my calling. I told him all about my calling as a missionary in the Lords church, and talked about Christ and his Atonement. He started crying, and i told him that he needing to be baptized the next day.. he was! It was really cool. I have never done anything like that before, but it was really aweseome to feel the spirit leading my thoughts and actions. On saturady we had another baptism, Tales, is a friend of one member here. He is a young kid, he is 14. But he is really awesome. Him and his brother basically live alone. There dad left the house a long time ago, and there mom is kind of a work-a-holic. so she is never home, she works every day 7 until 10 at night. So it was good to help tales get off the street. Now he is taking seminary and going to church. His brother is 16, but he is a little harder. He is already caught up in some bad things of the world. So it will take a little bit more time to baptize him. it was really special, because his mom supported him being baptized, but said she wouldnt be able to go, then at the last minute she showed up and cried alot. then on sunday she went to a part of sacrament meeting. so we are hoping that through Tales example his whole family will be baptized.
My zone is going awesome too. We had 9 baptisms this week! It is going really well. Our goal is to bapitze 65 this month! It is going to be amazing!!
I love my calling. I love being a missionary.

Hurrah for Israel!
Elder Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment