Friday, June 4, 2010

Sorry I have been slacking because of my broken arm.. 2 June 2010

Well it was great talking to everyone. I cant believe how grown up the kids are. I cant believe that Sam, Andrew and Adam all sounded like they were 10 now!! They are growing up alot. It sounds like everything at home is going great. I am so thankful for my wonderful family that supports me. Today I just wanted to tell you all how much I love you, and how i am so grateful for every single person in my family. I am so very grateful for all the examples that you are to me. I am so blessed to have been born in the gospel. To have been raised in a family where I could feel the Lord in my home and with my family. I dont think that I ever appreciated the blessings that I have been given until i came on a mission. I know that the blessings are real. I know that the Lord has blessed our family alot. I am so humbled by the feeling of love the Lord has shown our family. I am so grateful for my calling as a missionary, for the opportunity that I have to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ.. I know that he lives, and they He loves me and trusts in us. I am so happy to know that he wants us to be happy here on the earth.

This week was really great. Yesterday we had a great district meeting. I left the spirit really strong as it guided me on what I needed to say to the zone to help every missionary know how much I love being a missionary. We had a "fire demostration" it was really cool. I used the story from 1 Kings 18 as part of my message to the zone.. haha you will all have to see the video after the mission, we got it on film. Afterwards I made a soap box.. which was really cool, i painted it and it is beautiful. It's blue and says on it "what would Christ say.." then we went to the bus stops in the city, and a few Elder's had to show their faith and climb on the box and preach to everyone.. I know that every single one of them will remember it forever! It was really cool. I got the idea from Steve. haha. We also got it on film. I will show you all after the mission.

This week we are preparing alot of people to be baptized. It is oging to be awesome. But, we are going to need miracles in our zone. We have established the biggest goal in the history of the mission in one week. The record is 19 baptisms in one week... This week we want to baptized 41 people!!!! We need ALOT of prayer and fasting. We are working hard then we have ever worked before!!!

I love this gospel. The Lord is preparing the way for us. He is with us and loves us.

Hurrah for Israel!!
Elder Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment