Wednesday, December 1, 2010

1 Dec 2010

Family,

This week was fantastic. I am loving my new area, and me and my companion are doing great together. This week was an extremely cool, we had 5 baptisms in our area. The Lord has truly blessed us. We saw 2 families enter into the church. Jose and Aladia are like my grandparents now, they call us their grandchildren, they`re 77 and 75. It was by far one of the coolest baptisms on my mission, since she has cancer and a broken back, it presented certain problem to baptize her, we had to overfill the font, and then really heat up the water, it was the temp of the temple fonts, it was cool. Then she was baptized by 2 people, to make sure she didnt get injured. They are awesome, Jose is a really sucessful businessman. He owns a lot of tire companies here in brasil, he lived in england and the us for a while, she has a MD.. he is REALLY weathly, i was nervous when we taught thithing, but he accepted easily. He says that as a retired man he still earns over 1 million a year, haha. He is awesome. Rosangela and her daugther leticia were baptized as well. she has a son that is already a member, which really helped the process, the dad Adilson wasnt baptized on saturday with them because he works every other sunday, so he couldnt be confirmed on sunday, but he will be baptized this week and confirmed this sunday. They are a great family as well! and then anily was baptized as well. she is a members sister, she is 15. She is really a great young woman. Her mom and step dad just need to get married to be baptized.. but the process is really slow here in brasil, so it may take awhile.
This week we have 2 more baptisms. Adilson (rosangela`s husband) and william. a members brother. We also are being really blessed with a lot of elects. We have a ton of people to teach and baptize. We are really working hard. I love my area, and I love the mission. Yesterday president told me that I will be staying with my current calling on my last transfer. I am happy to serve with whatever calling, but i kinda wanted to train again, but it is the Lord`s will not mine. Pray for me so that we can continue having success here in our area.

Hurrah for Israel!!
Elder Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment