Tuesday, November 30, 2010

24 Nov 2010

Hello family,

wow this week was incredible!! I am so lucky to be a missionary. I will not lie, i love being out of the office alot, as a leader i feel i can accomplish alot more being a good example, instead of preparing a training or something like that, so i am really happy. This area is amazing. I love the members already and the investagators that we have, the lord is really blessing us alot. This week we saw one of the best baptisms on our mission. Brother Wesley and his whole family were baptized on saturday, what a special family!!!! the have the cutest kids in the whole world, the have baby twins, that are 1, and also have a daugther that is 8. WOW! the baptism was amazing. President Martins (a man in our ward, he is AMAZING!! ex mission president, fantastic member of the church) he baptized the dad, i baptized the mom and my companion baptized the daughter. it was awesome. The dad wesley went to his baptism in a suit and tie, he was just really prepared to be baptized. They were confirmed members on sunday, it was awesome. We are working A LOT, i cant remember ever working so hard in all of my mission, but the Lord sure is blessing us. We had 13 investagators at church on sunday!!! 2 full families, and a lot more people as well. This week we are really blessed, we will have 6 baptisms this saturday. Jose and Aladia are amazing. they are a older couple, the oldest i will ever baptize. they are 77 and 75. they have been going to church for ALONG time, but nobody seemed to be able to mark their baptism. Well they really liked us, so the first time we went to their house they accepted baptism for this saturday, they are awesome, they gave us lunch today, the wife has cancer, and she is going through kemo threapy right now, but she is strong enough to be baptized. We also have Adilson, Rosangela and Leticia. They are another family, their son was baptized about 6 months ago, but the parents didnt want to at the time. Well we have really been blessed to touch the hearts of alot of people in these 3 weeks here, all 3 accepted baptism for this saturday as well. We also have a Anielly, she is a young women, a member's sister, she is going to be baptized as well. We are really excited and really happy. The ward members are excited to see so many families entering into the ward, so we are planning on recieving a lot of referals from the members. I am so thankful for this great opportunity to serve the Lord. I want to baptize alot more people before my mission ends. I have to reach my goal. The Lord will bless me. I am so thankful to be here, I couldnt imagine doing a more important thing than working in the Lord vinyard. I love this work, I love this gospel, i love helping these people.
Have a great thanksgiving!!!!
Elder OLSEN!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment