Thursday, September 9, 2010

9 Sept 2010

Hello family,

wow this week was amazing. I am so thankful for the amazing experiences that I have on the mission. I am so thankful for the spirit that guides me and helps me overcome my difficulties and problems. As you all know I have been teaching the 2 daughters of members. Joyce and Dalila. It has been really fun, but difficult. They have been a little resistent in fulling with appointments and accepting our invitatitions. On friday we left a lesson with them, and it just didnt seem to be getting into their heads the importance of our message. I was really down, i really wanted to see the miracle of them accepting the gospel in their lives. So, in that moment i said a silent prayer that the Lord could help me know what i needed to do to help them overcome the problems that they have. In a type of vision or revelation, the Lord showed me. I saw that i was giving joyce and dalia a letter from Janessa and Amanda, and then i saw them being baptized. I thought it was a really weird thought. That why would they want a letter from Janessa and Amanda? I continued doubting, but when i thought about that i felt alot of peace overcome me, and i know that it was what the Lord wanted. So i followed. I send a email to dad, and then he sent me Janessa's testimony in an email. I translated it, and then on our next visit i went to give it to them. It is funny how the natural man works, up until the last minute i was doubting the answer that i had recieved from the Lord. So i went to their house and we started our lesson like normal with a prayer and hymn.. i just didnt want to give them the letter, i thought there was no way that they wanted a letter from some random girl in the us. haha. well i finally was overcome by the spirit that i just HAD to give it to them. I gave them the letter and explained that it was my sisters testimony, and that she really wanted to share it with them.
Joyce read the letter outloud, and everyone was really paying alot of atention. The spirit was SO strong. Joyce was basically crying while she was reading the letter, she chocked up varias times during the letter, after she read love, janessa. she sat in silence, thinking, and really feeling the spirit. then she looked at us and said "can you mark my baptism for this next saturday?"!!!!! WOW!!! it was amazing. I didnt believe it. I was so happy.It really was an amazing blessing. to see a complete change in her in just a matter of mintues. she said the closing prayer thanking the Lord for the letter she had recieved and thanking the Lord for preparing the way for her to be baptized. It was just what she needed! I am so thankful that the Lord knows the hearts of every single one. and that he knows their thoughts and feelings and desires. The Lord knew that Joyce would connect in a special way with Janessa. What a special blessing that was to me.
I am so thankful to be a missionary, for these amazing experiences that change my life forever. That helps me know that God knows his children personally.
Janessa, you are the best. i know that maybe you think that you just wrote down the first thing that came to your mind, or the only thing that you wanted to say. But i know that what you wrote was what Heavenly Father prepared you to say. You were prepared to recieve sacred instructions from the Lord to help one of his daugthers enter into his church through the sacred convent of baptism. Joyce is really happy. she wrote you a letter, and is going to send it with a picture of her baptism.
That is why i need one more thing. Dalila is still in doubt. she isnt sure if she wants to be baptized. I need a letter from Amanda. because they are both 12 and it will be the exact same thing that happened with Joyce, i know it. Amanda please write dalila a letter, bare your testimony about your baptism about your life.
I love my family. i love you guys so much. thanks for all the love and support that you all give me. I love this gospel so much. Luis fernando and Aline are getting married the 25th and baptized on the 26th!! I am so happy.
I LOVE MY JOB!

ELDER OLSEN

1 comment:

  1. What a special experience. I'm so glad that Tyler was able to follow through with the propting he recieved. This will always be such a great memory for him, Delia and Janessa. Touched my heart.

    ReplyDelete