Wednesday, September 1, 2010

2 Sept 2010

Family,

Wow! Today is the big day. Justin is going to the MTC. I am so happy for him. I cant believe it. It is going to be such a great experience for him. It is amazing, the mission is the greatest thing that has ever happened in my entire life. I love it so much.
This week was amazing. We are seeing real miracles here on the mission. Luis Fernando and Aline are amazing. They the defenitly going to be the greatest baptism on my mission. This week we visited them with the bishop and with a lot of other ward members. They are really excited and really wanted to be members of the church. They went to church again this week, all alone. 3 straight weeks they have been to church alone. We marked their wedding!! We are so excited. They are going to the city center tomorrow, and their wedding should be on about the 27 or 28th of setember. The whole ward is getting really excited and we are defintely so thankful for this huge blessing. Luis and Aline are amazing. I was sitting by them at church, and the sunday school teacher talked about the list to clean the chapel, after church aline asked me if i could grab the list that her and luis wanted to help clean the chapel. haha, they put their names down the this next saturday!! they arent even members and they are already going to clean the chapel. We are really excited for this family. Aline is pregnant too, which is really excited, and she already has the cutest little girl, that is 2 yrs old.
We had to postpone the 2 baptisms that we had this last week. Dalila and Joice werent ready. It was a little bit of our fault, because this past week we had meetings every single day of the week we werent able to teach them during the week. But we marked their baptisms for this week, and we are praying that we will be able to prepare them for this day.
It is a really different life in the office, alot of traveling and meetings. The weeks go by CRAZY fast. it seems like yesterday i got here, and it has already been 3 weeks. i cant believe it. My companion Elder Gabriel is ending his mission, it is his last 3 weeks. He has been a great friend and example to me on the mission. I have really enjoyed being with him. I am learning alot. I also am with Elder Castleton, who next transfer will go home, i have known him for a long time on the mission, he is a great missionary.
I am really learing alot. it is cool to see alot more training meetings and to talk alot more.. Like just yesterday i recieved the assignment to go to a different zone and i didnt get back until about 8 at night.. so life is a little bit rushed.
On the good side i think i will defintely get fat. I hadnt eaten fast food my whole mission, (because it is hard to find in other city, only the main city has it) but already i have eaten at Mcdonalds 3 or 4 times and Burger King like 4 times too.. so i think i will get alot fater here. The next few weeks should be alot smoothly here in the office, we dont have any big meetings left. we just have a meeting next monday with all the zone leaders, and then thats it until the transfers on the 27th.
I am really loving being a missionary. Today i had to go the the police station and declare my last 5 months there. wow times goes by way to fast. i cant believe that mikey goes home this month and that justin leaves today. time seems to fly by here on the mission.
I love this gospel. it changed my life. I hope that i can help changes others too.

ELDER OLSEN

No comments:

Post a Comment