Wednesday, July 8, 2009

8 July 2009

Wow, things are so great here! I love Brasil. Things are so amazing here in Anhanguera. Elder Garcia and I are having so much fun, and working really hard to find as many elect people as we can! This week has been extremely emotional for me and the area, it has been a extremely spiritual and difficult week. I don't know if you remember Sergio,Sema, Nicolle, and Kaique.. there were the family with a baptism date, but we found out they weren't married right.. well on monday night we had an extremely spiritual lesson with them. the lesson was extremely powerful, we were really trying to help them understand the importance of marriage, Well, at last I finally committed Sema to marriage with Sergio, and she started to cry... bawl really.. and she just went off, she was talking about how she is extremely unhappy with Sergio, and she really wants to leve him, but she can't because she doesnt have the money.. how she has never been happy with him, but she was just trying to fill in the gaps of her dead husband.. and she just went off, right in front of his face, it was really rough... so they will defintely not be marriage.. now we have to help them separate or something, the whole family is a mess... The church is the only thing keeping them from falling apart.. So we really need help them improve things there.. Any suggestions? It is extremely hard for us, because we have never been married, or passed with these types of difficulties, but the only things that keeps us knowing we can help them is because we are missionaries for our Savior Jesus Christ.
Yesterday, something crazy happened. We were on the bus, riding home from our district meeting, and I was standing next to this guy with sun glasses near the front of the bus.. Well, I really wanted to talk to him about the church, but for some reason I didn't(further explantion coming.) So I was standing next to him, and I "randomly" decided, to go the back of the bus, not 3 minutes later that man with sun glasses pulled out a gun, and robbed the driver of the bus!! He jumped the gate and the front of the bus, and robbed the man and the bus! It was so crazy! There was probably about 25 people on the bus at the time, but it was pretty crazy, I almost talked with the man that was robbing the bus. I know that it was no accident I didn't talk with him, God protects his missionaries!
This week Marcos and Elisangela went on vacation with their family to the interior of Brasil, where they have never heard of the church, to visit Marcos's family. So Marcos really wanted his family to know the church, so we made a video, of the first lesson. It was so awesome. ha, Elder Garcia and I will be famous in the interior of Brasil. We taught the first lesson of the video, and with the help of the bishop we gave him about 8 book of Mormon's and 300 pass-a-long cards. So he is going to convert the entire little city there in the middle of no where, so that was pretty cool. Our God is a God of miracles, It is really something awesome to see! Everyday we find new people that are searching for the truth in their lives. We really are trying to work our hardest every single day, because time is passing way fast! I can't believe it! How weird is it that I almost have 6 months on my mission! Time flies by. I love my mission, it is the best thing in the world. Look for opportunities to share the gospel.. there is no greater joy in the world than talking with someone about the gospel!! 1st Corthians 13:1-8. A message for all of us!! I love you all. Keep me in your prayers!! Elder Olsen#3

No comments:

Post a Comment