Sunday, August 23, 2009

19 Aug 2009

Dear Family,
Well things here are amazing! I am loving it here in Anhanguera! I am really excited that I will stay here one more transfer! Things with Elder de Araújo are great! He is a good missionary. This is only his 2nd transfer, and I think that he trainer was a bit of a lazy missionary because he study ethic is pretty bad, but he is really ready to work hard and learn things. Being senior is a lot different then junior. Well with Elder Garcia we both have the same amount of time on the mission, so we worked really well together.. Well we tried to work our hardest. With Elder araujo it is so different. If something in the lesson isnt going right, or they have a question, he just looks to me.. So it is a responsibility alot bigger. I cant believe how fast time flies. Every single day goes by so fast! This month we have some amazing goals in the area here. We have alot of people that we are working with to be baptized this month! This Saturday Maria will be baptized. Next week we have alot of people to baptized too! So we are really excited here in Anhanguera.
Yesterday I had the opportunity to listen to Elder Ellis, he is an area 70 here in Brasil. He is from Burley, Idaho. He is really awesome. We have a meeting with him for like 4 hours yesterday and it was awesome.
Well this last week we had alot of success meeting new people. We meet a new family of 15 people!!! Wow, it was amazing. Ha, it was funny we were walking and it was pretty late and our appointed wasnt home, so we made some contacts and knocked doors, we knocked on one door and it was a lady, and she has 5 brothers, they all are married, her mom, and grandpa.. it was never ending of people. It was my first lesson with Elder araujo, and we had never had the opportunity to practice yet, so it wasnt really organized how I would have liked. but It was really good at the end the spirit was really strong. So wow, if we can help this family be baptized.. 15 baptisms.
Something really strange happened here. We meet this old couple and we were teaching them with Elder Garcia, well I went back there with Elder araujo and well the man Flavio past away.. it was a shock.. The wife is really sad, and doesnt even wanna talk to us right now. I just hope we can help her understand the plan of happiness.
I am so happy. I cant believe that I am a missionary. Sometimes it hits me harder than others. When I have the opportunity to look someone in the eyes, and invite them to be baptized. It is a feeling of peace that I have never had. When you can look someone in the eyes and say to them. I know this is the only true church on the face of the earth. It is a statement really bold, and the spirit is testifying with us missionaries, and we know that we are right. It is something amazing. 7 billion people on this planet and only 13 million are members of the only true church.. WOW!! We need alot of missionaries!! I love this work, and I love you all!
Keep me in your prayers!
Elder Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment